Church property and facilities are primarily intended for and committed to the functions and mission of Oakland Baptist Church. The congregation endorses the maximum use of its facilities by members in church-related activities and accepts its responsibility to the community to share its facilities for meritorious community activities where practical. Arrangements for use of the facilities for weddings or other functions must be arranged with the Deacon Board to avoid conflicts with scheduled church activities. Non-members who request the use of the church facilities must obtain approval from the Deacon Board.
Use of the building will be on a first-come, first-serve basis with priority given to church-related meetings. Persons who use the church facilities will be responsible for damaged or lost property both inside and outside the church. Members and immediate family who use the building for functions such as family reunions, birthday parties or bridal/baby showers, must clean the building themselves or make prior arrangements with the Deacon Board to handle the custodial duties after the event. Members are responsible for locking the building and turning off lights unless otherwise advised. Donations are appreciated for any of these “personal” types of use and wear and tear on the building. It should be understood that the setting of the sanctuary should not be changed in any manner without authorization from the Deacon Board.
- Equipment: Equipment shall not be moved from its original place without authorization. If authorization is given, arrangements must be made to return all equipment to its original place immediately after the event. All kitchen equipment, including dishes and silverware, are to be washed, cleaned and returned to storage areas immediately after use.
- Decorations: No tacks, nails. tape or other material that will deface church property shall be used. Flowers and candles must have bases or stands to support them, Candles must be drip less and surfaces protected. Decorations such as streamers or flowers shall not be attached to pews in a manner that will leave permanent marks or damage.
- Flowers: The Deacon of the week (at the time of the event) should be contacted by the person responsible for flowers and decorations to arrange for a time for decorating prior to the event. This applies to all members and nonmembers. Removal of flowers and decorations shall be done immediately after the event so that the facilities are ready for the next scheduled activity.
- Alcohol and Tobacco: No alcohol (open or closed) is allowed on the premises. No smoking is permitted in any area of the church.
- Dancing: No dancing is allowed on the church premises.
- Rice: No rice shall be used at any event.
- Fees: Members: A cleaning security deposit of $100.00 must be paid at the time of the reservation. If the premises are found to be clean and without damage after the event, the security deposit will be refunded to the member. A suggested donation of $50 for use of the church to be paid at the time of the reservation to help defer the cost of electricity / heat or Ale. Non-Members: A cleaning security deposit of $100.00 must be paid at the time of the reservation. If the premises are found to be clean and without damage after the event, the security deposit will be refunded to the non-member. Fees for non~members for use of the church to be paid at the time of the reservation:
- Use of the Sanctuary: $250.00 Use of the Fellowship Hall $150.00 Other Fees: There is an honoraria fee to be paid to each the Organist and Sound Operator if they are needed for the event and shall be paid directly to the individuals. These fees cover normal use of electricity and temperature control, as well as the general wear and tear on the facilities. They are not designed for profit or moneymaking. An extra cleaning charge may be assessed at the Deacons’ discretion.
- Organ/piano: If Oakland’s organist is not being used for the event, the organist must contact Oakland’s organist for instructions regarding use of the organ. The piano and organ shall not be moved from its location.
- Weddings ending after 9:00 p.m. are an option offered to church members only.